Thursday, May 9, 2013

Ode To Pen


Ode To Pen:
Oh pen, oh pen,
My kingdom for a pen!
When I was ten I loved a dear pen.
Should I, could I remember? I can.
Men often dream of obscene things, amen,
But I only long for my pen in a glen,
Or a den where I scrawl to enthrall this man Glenn,
Who once had a hen with a head chopped off dead.
It was said that this fowl tasted foul to the owl
That swooped down for his meal, the sad clown did not feel
That the bird would taste bad, its absurd that he’s mad
But Owl swooped down again, and pooped on my dear pen.

8 comments:

  1. I think you have a knack for odes. Very creative! Not to mention entertaining :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, I heard it read in my head by Brian's voice. You're super creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting. I now know how you feel about your pen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very entertaining, I like the rhyming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the rhyme scheme at the beginning of the poem that made it flow. The ending was very funny! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like an elaborate costume and a performance should accompany this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the line should be "It was said that this fowl tasted foul to the owl"

    ReplyDelete