Friday, May 10, 2013

Right

If I were to tell you
that I am happy
I would be lying

The sky is blue
I know that much
but my heart is too

My facade can only
work for so long
and not on my friends

Sleeping around doesn’t
make you loved
it makes you lonely

Right?

Your friends will always
be there for you
they care about you

Right?

They only want what
is best for you
not themselves

Right?

A boy wants to sleep with you
that means he loves you
that he wants you

Right?

Having lot’s of boys
is much better than
only having one boy

Right?

It's hard to get along
with the girls who
make fun of you

Right?

Well, the diamonds are fake
along with the plastic barbies
that wear them.

Right.

5 comments:

  1. I like the repetition of the word "right" and how by the end it wasn't a question anymore. My favorite stanza was "sleeping around doesn't make you loved it makes you lonely"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you wrap up the poem with the last stanza and ending it, like Amy said, with "right" no longer being a question. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Meg! I loved it. Great title. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very edgy, but still true, and questions socially approved values. I really like the format and the consistency of the format, and how at the end it is no longer a question but a fact.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Evelyn, I like this poem because it tells the truth. You have a way of looking straight into an idea and leaping into language. You also manage to show both edge, as Cassaundra noted, but also vulnerability too.

    ReplyDelete