Thursday, May 9, 2013

Sleepyhead


Wake up!
Sleepyhead, why do you dread arising?
Get out of bed now, little girl,
Your weariness is surprising.
Is this a joke? Please don't provoke
My patience and my virtue
Wake up now,
Sleepyhead,
Don't make me think to hurt you.

Wake up!
Little girl, we're running out of morning.
I hope that this will swirl around your head,
This is my warning.
You make me scared, how do you dare
To lie without a motion?
No matter how i raise my voice,
My words seem lost at ocean.

Wake up!
Jesus please!
No matter how i shake or toss you.
God, don't tease me,
Get up please!
I fear that I've just lost you.
You feel so numb,
No, I'm not dumb!
My love, why do you trick me?
In vain I plead,
The blood I'd bleed!
Yet life forgets so quickly.

6 comments:

  1. I like how this poem shifts from a sweet wake up call to something much more dire. I love the phrase "we're running out of morning"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like this is an accurate array of emotion for something like this, and trying to cover up one emotion with another. There is definitely an urgency and a panicked tone, and it gradually intensifies. I really like it, and really sad and shocking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very intense poem. I love the diction and tone. Fast-paced read. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brian, I can totally see this as a song. Also, the shift is good, from the sweet to the end, like everybody else said, yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well gee, I kind of gave you some flack for this, but jeez. You know? Good. It's good. The shift is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pace of this poem is perfect, I love it.. Im speechless.

    ReplyDelete