Monday, May 3, 2010

The One

She was perfect,

She was the one,

The moment I saw her, I knew

We would be together for the rest of our lives,

Her beautiful body gleaming in the Texas sun,

The sun's rays reflecting off her,

Like an angel down from heaven.

It was love at first sight.

Some people laughed,

Others poked fun,

Some said she was too old,

But I knew she was the one,

The one for me.

What was a mere twenty one years,

In a lifetime together.

Throughout the following years,

I spent every spare second with her,

I spent every spare penny on her.

Sacrificed what some call a social life,

All for her.

Her name is Lucy,

and she is a '71 Nova.

5 comments:

  1. I had a feeling the poem may shift towards mechanical bliss. I love the personification. And, we had a '73 Nova, but sadly it died in '74. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, this made me laugh. lucy is a winner. i love the shift you made, if i didn't know your love for lucy i would have been surprised at the twist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a feeling what this was going to be about when I read the first line. Good job on the poem, but more importantly, good job on the car!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I first started to read this poem, I didn't notice your name, and I honestly thought it was a poem about love. When I read the twist at the end, I couldn't help but crack up, considering I have seen Lucy and your love for her first hand. This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really good and made me laugh. I like how passionate about your nova you are it's classic

    ReplyDelete