Sunday, May 4, 2014

Even In The Sky

The mountain sits far above the sky,
and I know nothing of its endless boundaries.
As your toes dance along the stone stair ledges,
I watch the leaves in heavy traffic caper among your hair.
My hands are warm with the thought of your October smile,
If only they would burn forever with a limitless laughter.

The mountain oaks rock with your every movement, filled with laughter
as their leaves turn upward facing the sky.
For myself I cannot help but smile.
You are so beautiful and young without boundaries,
unlike the tangled mess found in a knot of hair.
We hug the ground with our feet to stay dear with the ledges.

Now I watch closely as the ledges
become increasing narrow but your laughter
is beautiful and I hold your hand, sway with your hair
as we climb deeper and deeper into the sky.
Im not afraid of where it will take us, what boundaries
we will cross because I feel warm with the thought of your smile.

The first time I saw such a shaky smile,
We stepped down the ledges
from your house, into the unknown boundaries,
we had yet to cross, but still your laughter
echoed into the night sky.
And like my throat, a knot was tied in your hair.

I was choking out words that never made sense until the hair
so restricted was let free with a smile.
In search of a saying that would muse you, I looked to the sky
where we might walk one day together, along the ledges
which lead to it’s happiness, it’s laughter.
And it will be only then I will understand our love’s inconspicuous boundaries.

I will never know of any boundaries
uncrossable when I am with you, for even today your hair
sways with the leaves, and you dance with my laughter
which is endless and there isn’t a day we haven’t produced even a glimmer of a smile,
have even attempted to look over the side, think of jumping off these ledges.
Because only when I’m with you do I not look forward, but look above to the sky.

It is the world which gives us boundaries, but in our own we can smile.
We can wear our hair down and climb a beautiful mountain, dance along the ledges
filled with happiness and laughter, and know we will always be together, even in the sky.

1 comment:

  1. We all agreed that this had some great imagery and the flow was smoother than a Santana song if he teamed up with Rob Thomas. Well kid, you're going to Hollywood.

    ReplyDelete