Monday, May 5, 2014

Senior Year Symphony

Senior Year Symphony
Haley Perkins

I feel like I am running out of time,
It seems that I have it, but I pretend.
These thoughts form melodies like a wind chime,
Floating through my mind, my worries they mend.

They produce a symphony in my head,
Starting quietly and becoming loud.
Constantly playing as I lay in bed,
I have to remind myself to be proud.

But now it peaks, as the end draws nearer,
At last my thoughts change from what I have feared.
The girl is different in my mirror,
Broken from the symphony, I am here.

Embark, explore, adventures make me grow,
Off to discover new music, I go.

9 comments:

  1. Haley I really like this poem. It says what everyone is thinking at this time of the year. I like the idea of a melody and the song, it's a perfect metaphor for graduating and moving on. It doesn't sound like you forced the rhyme scheme, it flows really nicely and overall is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Hay! The concept is very relevant and it has a good flow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This flows really well. The meter and the rhymes are perfect. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how relevant this year and I love how you related senior year to a symphony! It made it really interesting! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent job using a symphony as a means to convey your point! It's both relevant and well written. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haley, I really like the shift in this poem. I also really like how you compare it to a symphony. It is a unique and original idea. Good job tying the two together. The poem flows well. I really like the message too! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the title Haley! And I love how you incorporate the symphony and sound in your poem with the "growing louder" so well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so relatable. I think all of us are feeling these things as you are! The comparison to a symphony is elegant and fits perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that this poem speaks to many seniors. The way you likened senior year's progression to a symphony's crescendo makes this poem more powerful. It's time to move on from GHS!

    ReplyDelete