Sunday, May 4, 2014

Way of the Robots

I walked down the aisle and heard someone shout,
For I blocked the way; they shouted “Robot!”
And from the aisle, that shout queued me out,
To clear the way for that shiny new bot.
Such an occurrence may seem very strange
But not where I am, where kindness is creed
Where everyone will help, lend and exchange
To their opponents they’ll give what they need.
Where am I you ask? It’s so very clear:
A sporting event, of sorts, one could say
At a venue filled with shouts and good cheer
Gracious and kind is the FRC way
So regardless of which team wins the brawl
Everyone wins; doesn’t matter at all.


2 comments:

  1. Joseph, I loved the twist in this poem. At first, I wondered if maybe the setting was in the future, a type of sci-fi/Aasimov land. Then I realized that you were talking about the robotics competition! It's cool that you chose something that you're passionate about to write about. -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. The realization I had in the middle of the poem was pretty spectacular. You did a great job of keeping an air of mystery around the robot before letting the reader know that you're talking about a robotics competition. Excellent job Joseph!

    ReplyDelete