Monday, May 16, 2011

If You Could Look Into My Memories

If you could look into my memories,
maybe you could see.

The way that my eyes saw you,
lying underneath those trees.

The things we told each other.
You said you’d never leave.

I told you that I would come back.
It’s a promise that I’ll keep.

But now I can’t remember,
My memory has let me down

The only thing I that remember,
is how you cut me down.

If I could look look into your memories,
what would I see?

If I could look into your memories,
would you remember me?

6 comments:

  1. I like how this poem turns on the line: "my memory has let me down..." I'm not always a fan of rhyme, but I think you make it work here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how the poem is addressed to one specific person, very intimate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy the rhyme scheme. A very powerful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this poem. I feel like it would connect differently for all sorts of people. I also like the imagery and the rhyme scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this !!! It was so perfectly put together all the words flowed together and all rhymed so well. I really liked the part where they said "The only thing that I remember, is how you cut me down" When I read that line it felt very real and easy to relate too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy how you took on the persona of michael the creator. wolf miliano?

    ReplyDelete