Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Memories

High School is nearly over.
College is around the bend.
So many things to do,
So many things to think about,
So many things to look back upon,
So many things to be grateful for.

Aviators
Braces
Chevy trucks
Debit card
Energy drinks
Fairs
Grandparents
High School
I-pods
Julie
Kids
Lacrosse
My pillow
Norman
Opportunities
Peanut butter sandwiches
Quirky friends
Re-re (teddy bear)
Smiles
Teachers
Unlimited texting
Virginia Tech
Walking
Xtreme Maine weather
Youth
Zillions of embarrassing moments

3 comments:

  1. There is a style of poetry called a list poem. You created one here and it works! I like the specifics like "peanut butter sandwiches" and unlimited texting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cool. I like it. I like the introduction you have to the list, which directs the reader's attention to what you are remembering for. And I like the A-Z list. It's different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you put all these simple memories together in one poem. Didn't realize that it was A-Z until Cindy pointed it out haha.. But I like how each of those words mean so much to you, and help define you.

    ReplyDelete