Thursday, April 30, 2009

Pilgrim Lodge

Butterflies while driving up the long, dirt camp road

The cookout tables

The fire for marshmallows and song

The capture the flag field

Trees surrounding us

The sign

Holding my stomach to keep it from bursting of nerves


The line of cars, suitcases on the white pebbles

The lodge, the cabins, the swings

The lake showing itself through the scattered trees

Familiar faces all around

Sparkling smiles and excited voices

Running to hug friends who came from a distance

Hugging everyone actually


What is it about this place?

The amazing people, the location

The activities, the atmosphere

The music, the bell

The peacefulness, the excitement

The memories created

Ice cream time


No, not quite…

Just indescribable

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE PL SO SO MUCH :) :) this makes me so happy! good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my goodness. i love pl so much too. this makes me so sad! I CAN NEVER GO BACK TO SR. HIGH AFTER THIS SUMMER.. AND I'M NOT GOING :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pilgrim Lodge always comes up as a special place. Your details help it come into clearer view. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete